- The Fatal Alcoholic Ketoacidosis as a Dilemma in the Differential Diagnosis in Unexpected Deaths
- Tame to Torture: Psychosexual Correlations of Sex, Violence and Torture
- Tooth Coronal Pulp Index as a Tool for Age Estimation in Egyptian Population
- Identification of Designer Drugs using Gas Chromatography High-Resolution Mass Spectrometry and a Soft-Ionization Source
- Improvement in Latent Fingermark Detection on Thermal Paper using 5,6-Dimethoxy-1,2-indandione/PVP
- Headspace GC-MS Detection of Carbon Monoxide in Decomposed Blood and Hepatic Tissues
- Latent Fingerprints of Insufficient Value Can be Used as an Investigative Lead
- Quantitative Analysis of 30 Drugs in Whole Blood by SPE and UHPLC-TOFMS
- Legal Medical Age Estimation in Portuguese Adult Cadavers: Evaluation of the Accuracy of Forensic Dental Invasive and Non-Invasive Methods
- A Reintegration Program for Elderly Prisoners Reduces Reoffending
Sexual Violence and Abuse Against Children: A First Review Through the Lens of Environmental Criminology.
Most criminal justice responses to address sexual violence and abuse against children are aimed at identifying and incarcerating offenders or at best, trying to prevent them from reoffending.
Metagenomic analyses of bacteria on human hairs: a qualitative assessment for applications in forensic science
Mammalian hairs are one of the most ubiquitous types of trace evidence collected in the course of forensic investigations. However, hairs that are naturally shed or that lack roots are problematic substrates for DNA profiling; these hair types often contain insufficient nuclear DNA to yield short tandem repeat (STR) profiles.
Aggression in adolescents presents a significant problem for psychiatric units. The Dynamic Appraisal of Situational Aggression (DASA) is an empirically validated measure designed to appraise the risk of imminent aggression (within the next 24 hours) in adult patients.
Fatal torment - From psychosis-driven index offence to trauma: A case study in forensic psychotherapy, trauma therapy and matricide.
This paper presents the case of a forensic inpatient who was found \'Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Illness\' for the murder of his mother and illustrates how psychotic symptoms can mask trauma symptoms, leading to neglect in the treatment of trauma in psychotherapy with forensicinpatients.
Pharmacokinetics of treosulfan and its active monoepoxide in pediatric patients after intravenous infusion of high-dose treosulfan prior to HSCT.
Pro-drug treosulfan (TREO) is currently evaluated in randomized phase III clinical trials as a conditioning agent prior to HSCT. In the present paper pharmacokinetics of both TREO and its biologically active monoepoxide (S,S-EBDM) were investigated in pediatric patients for the first time.
Desorption ionisation on porous silicon mass spectrometry imaging (DIOS-MSI) was used on fingerprints to map the distribution of exogenous and endogenous molecules present in sweat.
Micelle-template synthesis of nitrogen-doped mesoporous graphene as an efficient metal-free electrocatalyst for hydrogen production.
Synthesis of mesoporous graphene materials by soft-template methods remains a great challenge, owing to the poor self-assembly capability of precursors and the severe agglomeration of graphene nanosheets.
Journal of Forensic Science & Criminology
Journal of Forensic Science & Criminology (JFSC) is an open access, significant and reliable source of contemporary knowledge on advancements in the field of forensic science. JFSC publishes peer reviewed research articles, critical reviews and short communications focused on forensic science and criminology. JFSC encompasses the full spectrum of forensic science including forensic biology, forensic chemistry, cyber forensics and crime scene investigation
Online Submission SystemJournal of Forensic Science & Criminology is using online manuscript submission, review and tracking systems for quality and quick review processing. Review processing is performed by the editorial board members of Journal of Forensic Science & Criminology or outside experts; at least two independent reviewer's approval followed by editor approval is required for acceptance of any citable manuscript.