Mutation in a single nucleotide of a gene has the potential to change the structure and/or function of its protein. Albeit simply saying, it is not observed to be a general phenomenon. The effect of mutation is primarily determined by the stereochemical nature of the amino acid which has replaced the previous amino acid, resulting in the residue location being affected. Here we show that despite a change in the frequency of occurrence of a particular amino acid in a particular protein in different types of organisms, the overall function of the protein can still remain unaffected, even when the resultant protein conformation is relatively altered.
- An Interesting Coexistence of a Classical-Nodular and an Adenoid-Ulcerous Basal Cell Carcinoma in the Same Anatomic Location
- The Ni(II) Complex of 2-Hydroxy-Pyridine-N-Oxide 2-Isothionate: Synthesis, Characterization, Biological Studies, and X-ray Crystal Structures using (1) Cu Kα Data and (2) Synchrotron Data
- Case Reports and Studies
- Quantitative Analysis of 30 Drugs in Whole Blood by SPE and UHPLC-TOFMS
- Programming Scripts for Simple and Complex Paternity Testing based on Open-Source Programming Language from the R Project
- Relative Bioavailability of Ciprofloxacin Doses (750 and 1000) mg in Healthy Male Volunteers by Using HPLC Method
- Oral Hygiene Practices and Caries Prevalence among 9-15 Years Old Ghanaian School Children
- The End of the Golden Age of Antibiotics?
- Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of the Colon Mimicking an Abdominal Wall Cellulitis
- Examination of Some Country made Smooth Bore Firearms
Annex PublishersAnnex Publishers, as an Open Access publication model allows the dissemination of research articles to the worldwide community. We offer you the advantage of interaction with the most effective minds from the scientific community. All articles printed under open access will be accessed by anyone.
Provides for unrestricted access to journals and publications, along with an ideal platform for thousands of scholarly brains to return together for development of science. Open Access helps accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, encourage innovation, enrich education, and stimulate the economy to enhance the knowledge of the general public.
Legal Medical Age Estimation in Portuguese Adult Cadavers: Evaluation of the Accuracy of Forensic Dental Invasive and Non-Invasive Methods
Age estimation of unknown human cadavers is important in setting a crime investigation, such as homicide, suicide or in mass disaster because it can guide forensic investigators to the correct identity among a large number of possible matches. More and more the courts ask for medico-legal age estimations of unknown human cadavers by forensic dentistry.
Thyroid hemiagenesis is a rare abnormality in which one thyroid lobe fails to develop. A careful clinical assessment, including thyroid function tests, thyroid ultrasonography and scintigraphy, plays an important role in diagnosis of thyroid hemiagenesis. We report a case of a 35 year-old man with an incidental finding of a left thyroid lobe hemiagenesis.
A retrospective analysis was conducted on 8466 gastric cancer patients from different age groups treated in Minsk City Clinical Oncological Hospital from 1998 to 2013. Of these, 72 (0.85%) patients were under the age of 30, 72.2% of which were diagnosed with clinical stage IV cancer.